The Primary School

The Żejtun Primary School was inaugurated on the 11th June 1908, after the central Government commissioned Architect Ġużé Pace from Żabbar to make a plan for this school.  The school is built in the Neo-Classical style, with a substantial number of stone columns gracing the principal façade and the sides of the building.

photo 030
The Doric portico and colonnade along the west facing facade of the school.
photo 028
The south facing facade along Triq San Luċjan
photo 031
The portico entrance through the front garden to what was the Girls’ School
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
The portico
20150605_191442
The first floor arcade overlooking the school yard on the back side (east) of the school
P4300016
Portrait of Giuseppe Pace, the architect who designed the school

Besides the kindergarten and primary school, this building also houses the public library, which is named after the writer and politician, Ġużeppi Pulis Montebello, who hailed from Żejtun.

Old Memories

46523909_10157326810739252_7168471631600287744_n
44491711_10157230653929252_6066430491425243136_o
Ritratt 7

Other places of interest in close proximity:

Church of St. Clement

The Horses’ Water Trough and the Cross

Casa Perellos

Dar San Ġużepp

Villa Curmi

Location Map